Monday, July 9th 2012
Steve Harvey Hosts 10th Anniversary Celebration of Local Neighborhoods at 2012 Ford Hoodie Awards August 4
LAS VEGAS, NV (July 9, 2012) -- This year's 2012 Ford Hoodie Awards hosted by Steve Harvey will be a grand 10th anniversary celebration with thrills, laughs, unpredictable moments, live entertainment from New Edition, headliner Stevie Wonder, and more. Honoring the nation's best neighborhood leaders, educators, churches, and local businesses for their service, this year's Ford Hoodie Awards are celebrating nominees coast-to-coast, from Los Angeles to Washington DC, with a star-studded blowout in Las Vegas. Regularly hosting sell-out crowds for his highly-anticipated national awards show, Harvey has four days of sun, sand, glitz and uplifting special events in store at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino and Mandalay Bay Hotel & Casino for this 10th year celebration.
The radio host, best-selling author behind the movie Think Like A Man, and host of Family Feud and new daytime show Steve Harvey, will kick off the weekend at the MGM Grand Garden Arena as he wraps his final comedy tour. Celebrating more than twenty-five years in stand-up, Harvey's special farewell performance will air live from Las Vegas on Pay-Per-View August 2nd at 8 PM PST/10 PM CST/11 PM EST.
Treating guests and nominees to award-winning entertainment and impactful festivities, the weekend also includes The Steve Harvey Morning Show live broadcast sponsored by Outback Steakhouse, the Hoodie Awards Interactive Expo sponsored by Obama for America, the State Farm All White Freedom Friday Party, the Ford VIP After-Party, The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation Charity Golf Tournament, the Hoodie Awards Beach Party, and sampling with transportation sponsor 5-hour Energy. Coming together prior to the Ford Hoodie Awards show on August 4th, a mix of repeat and new nominees will enjoy special recognition at the Hoodie Awards Nominee Luncheon sponsored by Obama for America.
The August 3rd Hoodie Awards Interactive Expo sponsored by Obama for America will also feature a fashion show introducing the Steve Harvey Women's Clothing Line, which will be sold exclusively at K&G Fashion Superstores starting August 21st.
Steve Harvey says, "Celebrating this 10th anniversary is very special. The Hoodie Awards is an awards show for everyday men and women, honoring them as the real stars of their neighborhoods for their beliefs, courage, and commitment pursuing their dream and serving their fellow neighbors and youth. I look forward to hosting an unforgettable weekend and seeing who will take home the Hoodie Awards this year!"
Marking the 10th anniversary of this one-of-a-kind show, Steve Harvey and television/radio producer Rushion McDonald created the ever-popular Hoodie Awards in 2001, which has become the crowning honor for urban communities. Giving star treatment to the everyday men and women who uplift their neighborhoods as independent businesses, churches, educators, and leaders, the Hoodie Awards will be given out in twelve categories: Best High School Coach sponsored by The Marines, Best Nail Salon, Best School Teacher sponsored by Nielsen, Best Car Wash/Detail Shop, Best Church Choir sponsored by K&G Fashion Superstore, Best Soul Food, Best Barber Shop, Best High School sponsored by State Farm, Best Barbecue sponsored by The Home Depot, Best Beauty Salon sponsored by Aaron's, Best Church sponsored by Box Tops for Education, and Best Community Leader sponsored by Ford.
Tune in to The Steve Harvey Morning Show weekdays on your radio or online live 6 -- 10 AM EST at www.SteveHarvey.com for laughs, daily inspiration, the latest news and promotions, and more. To see a rundown of information, tickets and packages currently available for the 2012 Ford Hoodie Awards, log onto www.TheHoodieAwards.com.
Steve Harvey's Ford Hoodie Awards Weekend: August 2 -- 5, 2012
- Thursday, August 2 -- Steve Harvey Live the Grand Finale, with introduction by Rickey Smiley -- Harvey's Final Stand-Up Performance Live on Pay-Per-View
- Friday, August 3 -- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Live Broadcast sponsored by Outback Steakhouse, with live performances by Estelle and John Legend
- Friday, August 3 -- Hoodie Awards Interactive Expo sponsored by Obama for America, with a fashion show introducing the Steve Harvey Women's Clothing Line, exclusively at K&G Fashion Superstore
- Friday, August 3 -- State Farm All White Freedom Friday Party, starring Sheryl Underwood and the State Farm Sing Your Way to the 2012 Ford Hoodie Awards Finalists, with live performances by Anthony Hamilton and Charlie Wilson
- Saturday, August 4 -- 10th Annual Ford Hoodie Awards Show, hosted by Steve Harvey with special live performances by Kirk Franklin, Stephanie Mills, Donnie McClurkin, New Edition and headliner Stevie Wonder
- Saturday, August 4 -- Ford VIP After-Party, with a live performance by Doug E. Fresh
- Sunday, August 5 -- The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation Charity Golf Tournament hosted by Steve Harvey
- Sunday, August 5 -- Hoodie Awards Beach Party, hosted by Michael Jai White and Tasha Smith from Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse, with live performances by Keith Sweat and Robin Thicke